Nature

Nature

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Quoting Solitude

“My imagination functions much better when I don't have to speak to people.”
Patricia Highsmith

“If you're lonely when you're alone, you're in bad company.”
Jean-Paul Sartre 

 “Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life.”
Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet 

“I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."

(Audrey Hepburn: Many-Sided Charmer, LIFE Magazine, December 7, 1953)”

Audrey Hepburn 

“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more”

George Gordon Byron 

“The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude.”
Aldous Huxley 

“I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.”
Henry David Thoreau, Walden  

“I need to be alone. I need to ponder my shame and my despair in seclusion; I need the sunshine and the paving stones of the streets without companions, without conversation, face to face with myself, with only the music of my heart for company.”
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer  

No comments:

Post a Comment